Shopping!The most exhilarating word! Well, at least for many like me:) ! I am a staunch confirmed shopoholic! When I am not able to go out of the house to shop, what do I do? Shop On-line! It is the most convenient and easy way to shop and the creamy layer is..you can browse and buy from any on line store in the world and further more it is open 24 hours a day! Buying online saves time and money.
- Though each site is a little different fro m the other, the basic transaction procedure is the same for every site.These sites have electronic catalogs which you can browse and s ubsequently add the product y ou choose to your electronic shopping cart .When you're done with the choosing, you can review the contents of your cart and delete the items you do not want.
- Your amount is then totalled .
- N ext you have to fill the form supplied by the site asking f or c ertain details like your name, e-mail address, shipping information, and credit card number .
- You can buy online using you
r credit card or by an alternative payment option which is, setting up an account with PayPal. You transfer money electronically from your ban k account into your PayPal account, and then use it to pay the seller.
- Finally, you will be sent an e-mail with the order confirmation along with a tracking number. As a rule, you will be informed about the delivery duration time as well.
That’s it! You have purchased your item online!
Online shopping has become personalised as well , since
many sites allow you to customise your products which you want to buy. For instance, you can have your logo or personal patterns printed on your t- shirts, mugs, plates etc, you c
an order computers to your specifications, while at certain apparel sites, by using a virtual model you can "try on" clothes. This is fun! Now, many sites do have
customer service representatives with whom you can contact by e-mail or chat with in real time in case you need help. Thus online shopping has
become a friendly experience. Likewise, you can locate exactly what sort of product or store you are looking for by using the search engine. Finally, in the
event of problems with online merchants, contact concerned authorities.
Before hitting the virtual store
s, pursue certain precautions for a smooth, safe and sound shopping experience.
1. Use only a secure Internet connection – Use an encrypted website. You can identify such a site by a lock icon in your web browser window. You can also recognize a secure server by the address beginning with https, rather than http. The “s” means the information going between your computer and the website will be securely encrypted.
THAT’S IT! HAPPY SHOPPING! :)
Copyright © 2008 Laila Rajaratnam. All Rights Reserved
Read more Entry>>