What is Ripping? Ripping is extracting the audio from your CDS to digital formats like MP3.Ripping your CDs into MP3 using Windows Media Player is really a breeze!
The advantages of ripping audio to digital format is that it is convenient and easy to search for your favourite songs instead of having to wade through layers and layers of CDs looking for it. It also allows you to listen to your entire music collection while keeping the originals safe.
Before you start to rip your CDs configure your settings for ripping.I use WMP10
To set your Windows Media Player to rip music CDs:
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Go to Tools.
- Click Options.
- The Options Menu will open.
- Click Rip Music.
- Choose the location for your ripped music in ‘ Rip Music to This Location’.
- Select the Format - MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless or WAV audio formats .
- Choose Rip CD When Inserted and Eject CD When Ripping is Complete if you have many CDs to rip in succession.
- The Audio quality of the output files can be adjusted via a horizontal slider bar. The MP3 file should be encoded with a bitrate of at least 128kbps .
- Click Apply and then OK button to save and exit .
You have set your WMP to rip CDs.
To Rip Music:
- Insert CD into your CD or DVD drive.
- The Audio Cd dialog box will appear.
- Click on 'The Rip Music from CD using Windows Media Player'
- Press the OK button.
If automatic ripping is turned off then ,you do need to either select the entire album (click on top check box), or individual tracks by clicking on each track check box. To begin ripping your CD, click on the Start Rip button.
During the ripping process you will see a green progress bar appear next to each track as it is being processed. When done, a ripped to library message will be appear on the Rip Status column.
If you had chosen to save your ripped music in My Music in My Documents, you can check out to see if it has been saved there!
Or if you had chosen to save your ripped music in your Windows Media Player library, you can check out to see if it has been saved there! Click on the Library tab and in the menu list on the left pane ,click on Recently Added to verify that all the tracks you want have been successfully ripped to the library.
Thats it!! You have ripped your CDs into Mp3 format into your computer! Now, next you have
transfer it to your portable device!
Read more Entry>>
Copyright © 2008 Laila Rajaratnam. All Rights Reserved