Is digital camera your passion? Have you been clicking away happily at everything or anything? Have you been impressed with all your photos? Consider making your digital camera and hobby into a money making opportunity. Your passion can make money for you. Give Freelance Digital Photography or Stock Photography a shot! You need no expensive photography equipment, no special printers, no special photography training or diplomas for stock photography.
- Digital camera (minimum of 4 mega pixels) with 3X zoom.
- Access to the internet.
- A Light box. (A homemade light box tutorial here)
You upload your digital photos to stock photo sites and you will earn money whenever someone downloads your photo by paying royalty to you. You can submit your images to more than one stock agency site and will earn with the same photographs all your lifetime. You will be allowed to sell the same photo a 'number of times'. Yes, every time a person purchases, your royalty will earn money for you.
Tips to sell photos successfully:
1. Enrol in Stock Photo Sites:
Register in a stock photography site which will act as an agent to market and sell your photo. Sign-up in at least 3 stock sites and earn from many stock sites at the same time.
2. Master your Digital Camera:
Read and understand the user manual of your camera. Try different modes and techniques with your digital cameras. Many professional photographers use simple Point and Click cameras to shoot close-up, macro photos. Set your camera to shoot the highest quality and largest size photos.
3. Learn about selling your photos:
- Refer to the Terms and Conditions of the photo stock agencies.
- Get a Model Release signed from people who pose for your photos ,which is a no-objection certificate for using the photos commercially.
- All your pictures will be watermarked so no one can steal.
- Make sure that your image is original and truly copyrighted by you.
Don’t be disappointed if you are rejected in your early days due to poor quality, blur or not having commercial value. Don’t quit! Don’t give up! Keep practising! You will be successful in stock photography in no time!
Good luck and start earning!
Copyright © 2008 Laila Rajaratnam. All Rights Reserved