To convert YouTube videos to Flash for PowerPoint presentations you have to:
1. Download YouTube videos to your computer
2. Then, convert the downloaded YouTube videos to Flash format .
There are many softwares available to download and convert these YouTube movies, but ,I use this amazing tool from dvdvideosoft.com which does everything you need and much more.They have many free softwares, but you can select just the following programs from the list.
1. Free YouTube Download
2. Free Video to Flash Converter
To download YouTube Video
- Open the YouTube downloader.
- Paste the URL of the YouTube video in the Input YouTube URL text box.
- A file path and default file name will be entered automatically in the Output to: text box.If you want to select a different folder click the Browse button and type a new file name for the video.
- The program will mechanically add an extension of .AVI to the file name. You can choose .FLV file extension if you wish.
- Click >Download .
This .FLV or .AVI video file still cannot be embedded into PowerPoint. You have to convert this downloaded YouTube video to a SWF file, which is the format supported by Adobe Flash.
Now convert the downloaded video to SWF File Format
- Open, Free Video to Flash Converter .
- Click Browse and locate the YouTube video file you downloaded.By default, the program will complete the Output Video file text box. Browse to a different folder if you want.
- Using the Formats drop down list, make sure to select SWF as the file type
Optional: Click >Trim , to select a specific portion of the YouTube video to convert, if you wish.
By default, the box is checked beside Show HTML example file after conversion. This will save your converted video also as an HTM file, and will open a browser window showing the video. You may choose to skip this step by removing the checkmark.
- Click the Convert button
Your video file is converted to SWF file.
Done! Your YouTube video has been converted to flash format ready to be embedded in your PowerPoint presentation! :)
Copyright © 2009 Laila Rajaratnam. All Rights Reserved.